Living in Northampton
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in East Midlands, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Northampton is a shining example of rapid post war expansion gone wrong. I’m certain the planners of the day were doing their best but it seems like the ‘ton was a Friday afternoon rush job. after spraying the town centre with concrete they then saw fit to build a shanty town encircling the main arena. This explosion of rat run housing in the 1960’s and 70’s attracted scum from near and far which in turn led to the invasion of the town centre. I still remember the “riot” in the Grosvenor Centre (Shopping centre) in 1989 which really only involved 50 or so ‘townies’ as they were then called, running though the crowd punching people and stealing bags. Some places have cheese rolling and burning barrels of straw, we have strip-mugging.

Lots of businesses saw the potential workforce flocking to Northampton and decided to set up shop in the thick of it. So now we had vast swathes of countryside covered with large industrial estates. The problem was that this potential workforce had already been signed up to the easiest job in town, the dole and there was no chance of them re-training now. the businesses faltered but did not fail, for now we have not only the dole scrounging chav but also the industrious chav, in the form of our East European cousins who really do work as hard as people say but also have the morals and manners of a sewer rat enabling them to work all night and spend all day drinking and spitting in the street and if the fancy takes them, stopping you in the street to tell you how grateful you should be that they are here to work as we are all so lazy. Well maybe if you had worked this hard at home, then your own country wouldn’t be such a s******e.

Well Northampton, you had the chance to keep one of your sons with you but you fucked it didn’t you? After too long being punished for having a job i am finally off to pastures new, leaving town is the only way to ensure that my girlfriend and i can raise kids in a place where they have a chance of turning out half decent. Keep your Chavtown and i hope you rot.

• BROWN TROUSERS

Northampton has been going downhill for years. Any areas of green space have been swallowed up with housing and now villages like Boughton, Moulton, Overstone etc that were once sought after are being attached by new estates to the side of the town for good… like barnacles on the side of a rotting boat. The eastern district was the start of a downward spiral bringing London overspill and now the town centre has degraded into a run down mess that is unsafe – you only have to look at the crime statistics to see how much trouble is going on! They have tarted up the railway station but the rest of the place is one continuous building site. Facilities and services like the hospital have not grown to accommodate the population. I think the whole place is going to come to a grinding halt soon. Best thing about Northampton? The Saints Rugby team – and thank goodness for that!!!! COYS !

• Jade

I live here in Northampton, not the eastern district, I.e. Lumbertubs, Thorplands, Goldings, Blackthorn, Lings etc, the places youre likely to get stabbed, but more central north.
    I would agree that most of town is overrun by forreigners and by my last account of going down Abington Street, I couldnt clearly point out let alone hear/understand a single English person. They’re either all Ghanain or Polish.
    Take the Wellingborrough road on the way past the radio station. All of those shops are ran by foreigners and especially burger king on the market square, all employees are asian descent. I have lived here all my life and to see my town being destroyed by these pests is an outrage.
    Hopefully we’ll have left the EU in years to come and they’ll all be sent home, ruddy foreigners.

• Hargraves Ian