Living in Milford Haven
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Pembrokeshire, Wales

Milford haven, once a thriving fishing industry held this little ports name up high, american settlers built its streets to emulate their home with a simple lay out, the deepest natural harbour in the UK secured trade and wealth, fishing trawlers steaming into port with full belly’s .

Yes its safe to say this town had the makings of greatness, but alas all good things come to a end.

Milford right now is kind of a giant council estate, it receives no funding where its needed and gone are the thriving days of industry.

It boasts a failing cinema theater, a small amount of crappy shops, a half decent chippy and a half decent american styled cafe, it has a bowling alley where you can go for the same price as a second hand car and that’s about it!

Continued Below

There’s not much else in Milford aside from a few angling shops and the locals. Ah yes the locals, mount estate (Pembrokeshire’s dumping ground) spews forth a torrent of uneducated, unemployable, youths who in term reproduce. The population of undesirables has outgrown the estate and spread into the rest of Milford condemning it!

As we all know chavs reproduce like rabbits and thus it wasnt long before they outnumbered the decent folk who once looked after this little town.

Milford is now a FEMA camp in disguise, Pembrokeshire council farms more and more of society’s unwanted into the town as mount estate and hakin procreate their own. The town is swelling under the strain of farmed chavs.

Fortunately for Milford Haven there is hope in the form of the liquid gas plant, a well placed fag butt may set off a chain reaction causing overload and blowing Milford completely off the map, probably the best thing for it.

• Hicksee

I’m not sure Milford is much different to the rest of the UK in terms of its past, present and future. There is no infasctructure, no opportunities, and no growth outside the capital. I’m not sure chavs are exclusive to this area nor do they make up the bulk of the town’s population, but I would say the population of disenchanted, disalusioned and underinvested in people is growing nationally.
    So take a look at every town you visit and I’m sure your view will be repentant. Milford is a place worth maintaining, it was thriving when Britiain was a prominant world trader; and we should be proud of its important maritime history and look to the future optimistically for its legacy. It’s seen significantly more investment than many other parts of Wales, closer to Cardiff. So we must have something worth having a stake in…right? I’m not from this town but I’m proud to live here now and have always found the towns folk very friendly. I find your article offensive, inaccurate and a shoddy piece of journalism- if you can call it that.

• Fiona Joy Wild

What a brave man/woman/child. It’s easy to criticise behind the anonymity of a computer keyboard isn’t it!

• Dave Weaving

Umm has this person ever actually BEEN to Milford?! There are very few chavs on the Mount Estate, the majority of people living there are foreigners or young couples with children whom can’t afford houses elsewhere because of the housing crash… And before you say I don’t know what I’m talking about, actually I do – I lived in Cardiff for 32 years before I moved to Milford Haven 4 years ago, so I know all about large chav communities… BUT, the biggest irony of all – using the Marina (an absolutely beautiful part of the world) as a still pic for this diatribe… Priceless! My only regret, in all honesty, is that I wasted five minutes of my time reading misguided piece of rubbish…

• Jessica Warlow

This is the ridiculous rubbish you would expect from a snob with no money. Because most rich people would not feel the need to attack the people that are less fortunate. It’s the idiots that pretend to have money whilst carrying massive debts that have something to prove. This rubbish written in this article sounds exactly like something those idiots would say. Shame on you for publishing it. Yes milford haven has lost its fishing industry. An informed article would explain why (Not the towns people’s fault). There is no real industry now apart from powerstations (which employ people from away) instead of focusing on why the kids are lost and slating them, labeling them as chavs, why not focus on the stuck up snobs that a too full of their own self importance, making bad business choices and strangling the life out of the towns and businesses. This article is one of the most rediculus things that has ever been written. No research, no direction, no proof. Just some rediculus fools opinion and you should be embarrassed of yourself for taking the time to write and publish this.

• Suz

Hmmm, funny that you choose to post this anonymously. How dare you write such rubbish about our lovely little town. If you don’t like it then don’t visit, to be honest we could do without vile people like you anyway.