Living in Accrington, Lancashire
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Lancashire, North West, United Kingdom

I know a couple of other people have made posts about Accrington, but I thought I’d add some aspects which haven’t been mentioned.

Being stuck in the town because of work commitments, I envy people who say they used to live here but moved away, and can laughingly give a loveable account after they came back for a visit. hey, I still live here, and yes, I know it has gotten worse.

The town worsens by the day, particularly because there are a worrying amount of scumbags who have been sent here because they have been “barred” from other towns. There is a charity based in accrington which helps out distressed chavs (I kid you not), and chavs from far and wide relocate to Accrington to sponge as much as they can off this charity. The charity can help out financially, as well as providing free food and clothes.

Something scary is happening with the chavs in Accrington, the gene pool seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Three weeks running, I have been going about my daily business only to be hassled for a great length of time by some s**t -for-brains chav. Each one bore a remarkable similarity to the last, although it was clear that they were not blood related. They are just morphing into the same fooking person. I think, somewhere in Accy, there is a big house where chavs are being produced. Some kind of factory.

The Hyndburn Circular bus, which is a travelling Chav box and takes in the delights of Rishton (Euurgh), Clayton-Le-Moors (chav city), Accrington (just f*****g weird), Oswaldtwistle (land of the kiddie chav) and Blackburn (chavs attracted by the “bright lights”) has to be seen to be believed. Never does a journey pass without:

1. Older chavs sitting on the back seat and swearing at everyone who gets on the bus.
  2. Chavettes taking up all the seats with their prams.
  3. A rockport/bus ticket/baby chav hitting your head
  4. Chav kids spraying each other with their fake perfume. After this experience, I got off the bus smelling like a f*****g toilet duck factory.
  5. A chav with the most horrendous ringtone on its phone. Usually rings at a piercing volume. Usually “Barbie Girl”, or something equally distasteful. On a very busy bus, said chav answers phone very very loudly with those infamous words “I’M ON BUS LIKE WERE ARE YA?”. Then swears a lot and tries to explain to other chav on other end of phone that he is on a bus. For ten minutes. then battery dies and chav asks random stranger “YER GOT ENY CREDIT LIKE ME FONE’S FOOKED”
  6. The chav who decides that’s it’s a good idea to cough up all his lung butter on the back seat in the morning. One day son, if I ever come across you when I am feeling big and hard, I am going to make you drink my vomit until it kills you.
  7. This happens so frequently it scares me. On the Hyndburn Circular, almost EVERY DAY a big chav gets on and tries to pay half. Said chav is usually with chavette, chavette uses quite a lot of swearwords when poor driver asks them both for date of birth. When both chavs give a year that implies that they are 22 and 20 respectively, the bus driver states that they have to pay full fair, chavette then states that he has “got this fing, like dis condition where he can’t remember years and stuff”… Ah, I see. Idiot syndrome.

Just writing this makes me feel nauseous about the place I live. Half of the time I walk through the town and feel as if an alien civilisation has landed, kidnapped all the normal people and replaced them with these prototype humans, people devoid of soul, thought and life.

• Jessica

Let’s be honest yeah Accy is a s**t hole and there are chavs, but not every person you see is just some ‘dole doser’ in the town, not all the women are ‘dirty slags’ there are some very nice people here, but people are soo judgemental and think that every person you see on the street will rob you or ‘bang’ you, or are some scruff on benefits… seriously? :/ there are SOME nice areas if you actually looked around, it’s just mainly the town centre and a few areas that are really bad, which puts other people of wanting to look at other parts of the town… but for sure once I have finished college and got a good job paying good money I will move as far away from Accrington as I can, if things don’t improve soon.

• Emma

accy is a disgrace to the society, needs to be deep cleaned.

• shannon

Haha i can not stop laughing as this artical has accrington town sumed up! seriously this place needs to be burnt down soon as the better. The people in this town wouldnt think twice to actually rob you as it has been done to a few people i know they would also not even think twice to come up to you in the street and say “have you got a fag pal” its like ew get away from me. These people are tramps and have nothing better to do than smoke and drink while also stealing other peoples belongings. It would not suprise me if they are so friendly with the police seen as they are called daily due to the behaviour of not only children and teenagers but the parent who are fully grown males and females that are out on the street scrapping. Its just not a nice look and not pleasent for any passers.
    It all comes down to one thing…. Bad Parenting.

• Alex Byrom

do the right thing escape to university or a job elsewhere it’s the only way to escape great article 100% true, ossy (Oswaldtwistle) is getting worse now aswel 🙁

• Kleon

I’m from Accy and I will bang you d**k head!

• karl wilkins

so kleon your a chav aswell then, are you sure its not you thats the d**k head threatening to “bang you” .I used to live in Accy but got as far away from the sh*t hole as i could aka new zealand best thing i ever did not 1 and i repeat not 1 solitary chav down here bloody awesome.

• The Renegade

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa… Two words, F*****G CHAVS! Accrington is built upon pound shops and dole dossing illiterate f**ks that can’t read or write, just full of scally’s to the very brim. Just do NOT get me started on the females, yet another two words, DIRTY SLAGS!

• OhDearyMe

This really cracked me up, a perfect description of the sh*thole that is Accrington. The people really are disgraceful, you can walk through the town centre at any time of the day, even 10am and there are nothing but cretins in stained lacoste tracksuites, sh*t rockports and Tn caps wandering around aimlessly, more than likely looking for there next hit. Accrington makes me sick, i could honestly say 90% of its residents are illiterate, and probably wont be able to understand this statement. When i left this dreadful town for university it was the best feeling i could have ever had, i never wanted to return. It makes me laugh how the school kids all think they are the dogs bollocks, when really they will spend their entire lives being the scum of the earth. I trully believe that Accrington should be wiped off the earth, nuked or something, just get rid of what is there and start a fresh. There really is nothing positive about this town. Awful, just awful.

• jamed2017

hahaha the chavs that have commented and trying to defend accy are stupid 2 …face it …accys a crap place to live to now …move. …and chavs you cant give an argument for accy not bein chav infested ….because it is …fact.

• MC_YOUNG

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH ACCY! ITS ALL RIGHT IVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND THE SHOPS ARE CRAP YEAH BUT APART FROM THAT ITS FINE

• herbdoctor

I know what you mean. I spent several years working as an environmental health officer in this god forsaken hole. My colleagues have been beaten up and threatened. I spent my time serving public health notices on people who were illiterate. I once visited a house where there were seven adults all p*ssing the bed, the oldest son was sleeping with his mother and a baby was on the way. The fourteen year old daughter and her baby were sleeping in the kitchen amongst piles of refuse.All the bedroom doors were closed and the panels had been knocked out to allow access to the p*ssy beds. There were rats in the house and droppings in the beds. I sometimes visit Accy and see some of this scum sat on the benches outside woolworths with their designer gear, fags, booze and children. God, what a hellhole

• ArgosismyHarveyNicks

I feel for you mate. I was born in Accrington and since I left in 1990 the place has definitely gone downhill.

One suggestion – change your job, move away, start a new life.

Nothing can be as bad as surfing on the tide of scum that make up the population of, what used to be, a close knit, friendly place to live.

• Skrib

Nice to see some constructive input.

🙂

• SKY

Well hard man, im sh*ttin it really NOT, if ya think ya big an hard bring it on ill meet ya in town with all my lad, bring ya chicks down to, OMG i wont be able to sleep tonite as im so scared……………… NOT

• shannon

go to bed

• jordan

oi its not my fault am on the dole is it man calm the fuk down b4 i find ya and spead ya over accy town centre IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII in a bit 😛

• SKY

Shut up ya d**k i aint on no coin u r, ur the one on the dole an dealin at the same time man. I only get 100 n odd every 2 weeks off my benifits. So come off it hand us 30p m8

• SKY

NAH dont lend it him man leand it us, i need it for my bus fare.

*me spits a really big greenie*

• jordan

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LEAVE accy out of this man will ya its a top town rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr can u lend me 30p 4 the phone plzzzzzz