Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2017

4. Scunthorpe

Slamming in at number 4 is the ‘Industrial Garden Town of North Lincolnshire’. A town once voted the least romantic place in the country and so shite, we had to make a special exemption so our expletive filter didn’t censor it. Here’s what our readers have to say:

If Maccy Ds is the chav’s staple diet, what does that tell you about a town that boasts not one, not two but THREE of these gourmet eateries?
One good thing about Scunthorpe? It takes about 5 minutes from the town centre to get out of the dump and go to a better place!
Don’t believe anyone who says Epworth is the nice part of Scunny, it’s just a chav country retreat.

• Karl Bonham

the worst places??? Not even close this places are beautiful and secure compared to the city of Valparaiso located in Chile… Valparaiso is sinonimous of decadence

• Dave Jackson

I would of thought Chatham in Medway Kent would be number 1 or at least in top 5

• ProudGravesend

I have lived in many towns and counties in my life and I now live in Gravesend. To state that it is the 7th worst place to live in the UK is an absolute joke! It is an historic town with beautiful landmarks, it is a stone throw away from beautiful woodland areas and has direct access to London and further into Kent. The average cost of a house in Gravesend is £250,000! I don’t know what defines a ‘chav’ other then comedy programmes but I havent ever met anyone in the area who has caused any problems or issues for me. Most people are friendly and there is a sense of community – if people feel like there isn’t one then I feel saddened by this and it’s a sad state of affairs if people think that Gravesend is a terrible place to live. I can’t quite work out how this list was compiled but what. I can work out is that it is NOT the feeling of everyone who lives in Gravesend and I find it totally disrespectful and offensive to list any town on a list like this – in an offensive and joking manner. I for one am proud to call Gravesend my home and if anyone reading this shoddy piece of literature wants to visit the town I think you would be pleasantly surprised.