Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2017

7. Gravesend

After dropping out of the charts last year, the “festering cat turd in the garden of England” is back! It’s a well known fact, the further you travel up the M2 in North Kent, the more grim the urban conurbations become. That’s right, when you leave Medway and think, “surely things can’t get worse”, you have to steel yourself for Gravesham. Here’s what our readers had to say:

I have lived in Gravesend all my life. I have visited many other crap towns across Kent like Lewisham, Dartford, Chatham and so on and not one so far, has even came near to being as chav infested as Gravesend.
If you must come to Gravesend, please stop by the estate agents and buy my house, because it’s far to close to chavs for comfort.
Gravesend… it sucks. It really, really sucks.

• Karl Bonham

the worst places??? Not even close this places are beautiful and secure compared to the city of Valparaiso located in Chile… Valparaiso is sinonimous of decadence

• Dave Jackson

I would of thought Chatham in Medway Kent would be number 1 or at least in top 5

• ProudGravesend

I have lived in many towns and counties in my life and I now live in Gravesend. To state that it is the 7th worst place to live in the UK is an absolute joke! It is an historic town with beautiful landmarks, it is a stone throw away from beautiful woodland areas and has direct access to London and further into Kent. The average cost of a house in Gravesend is £250,000! I don’t know what defines a ‘chav’ other then comedy programmes but I havent ever met anyone in the area who has caused any problems or issues for me. Most people are friendly and there is a sense of community – if people feel like there isn’t one then I feel saddened by this and it’s a sad state of affairs if people think that Gravesend is a terrible place to live. I can’t quite work out how this list was compiled but what. I can work out is that it is NOT the feeling of everyone who lives in Gravesend and I find it totally disrespectful and offensive to list any town on a list like this – in an offensive and joking manner. I for one am proud to call Gravesend my home and if anyone reading this shoddy piece of literature wants to visit the town I think you would be pleasantly surprised.