Top 10 Worst places to live in #England 2017

1. Dover

So here we have it, the worst place to live in England 2017. Straight in at number 1 is the Kent port of Dover. Oh, you were expecting a picture of the iconic white cliffs in the sunshine? This is the reality. Thanks to a viral voting campaign on social media, driven by faux outrage in the local rag that it was even on the voting list, Dover just pipped Hull by 16 votes. We have often been accused of ‘bashing the north’. Hopefully a town in the South East being voted the cherry on top of the s**t cake, puts that accusation to rest! Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote this year. Here’s what our readers had to say about Dover:

Let us for a moment imagine that the British Isles are the silhouette of an old man. Scotland is his cap, Cornwall his toes, Anglia his curved spine, making Dover his herpes infested s**t-hole.

• Karl Bonham

the worst places??? Not even close this places are beautiful and secure compared to the city of Valparaiso located in Chile… Valparaiso is sinonimous of decadence

• Dave Jackson

I would of thought Chatham in Medway Kent would be number 1 or at least in top 5

• ProudGravesend

I have lived in many towns and counties in my life and I now live in Gravesend. To state that it is the 7th worst place to live in the UK is an absolute joke! It is an historic town with beautiful landmarks, it is a stone throw away from beautiful woodland areas and has direct access to London and further into Kent. The average cost of a house in Gravesend is £250,000! I don’t know what defines a ‘chav’ other then comedy programmes but I havent ever met anyone in the area who has caused any problems or issues for me. Most people are friendly and there is a sense of community – if people feel like there isn’t one then I feel saddened by this and it’s a sad state of affairs if people think that Gravesend is a terrible place to live. I can’t quite work out how this list was compiled but what. I can work out is that it is NOT the feeling of everyone who lives in Gravesend and I find it totally disrespectful and offensive to list any town on a list like this – in an offensive and joking manner. I for one am proud to call Gravesend my home and if anyone reading this shoddy piece of literature wants to visit the town I think you would be pleasantly surprised.