Living in or moving to Luton, Bedfordshire
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in Bedfordshire

Well what can I say about this absolute s**t hole.

I had the misfortune of living in Luton for just over a year. I was lucky, being that I lived in Leagrave; pretty posh for Luton. But still a complete dump.

When I first moved to Luton I decided to walk to work to try and keep fit. Little did I know that I would have to walk through an area that you could safely describe as Gaza Strip aka Bury Park. I could not believe my eyes of what I saw.

I kid you not I saw a police raid on a house using a battering ram to bash down the door to a drug den s**t hole. I wouldn’t mind but this was just before 8am in the morning. You can imagine what it was like walking home at night.

It didn’t take me long to realise I should get the train to work. The local train company was First Capital Connect; a suitable train company for such a s**t hole of an area. Everyday going to work on a train that should have been discontinued in the 1960s.

Walking into a pub in Luton meant putting your life on the line. Nobody spoke to anyone and if you looked at someone the wrong way; then you should expect a glass in your face.

One of the most shocking moments of my year stay in Luton was on Christmas day. Where I went with my friend in his car to pick up some relatives. Only for my friend to point out the local McDonald’s. Explaining to me that it gets busier every year. I could not believe my eyes. The place was full of chav scum families having their Christmas dinner in McDonald’s. It wasn’t like a couple of families. The place was absolutely heaving with chav’s.

As summed up by someone at work who was visiting from the Prague office.

“I didn’t know what to expect from Luton. I was a little concerned because most friends I spoke with described it as England’s Toilet.”

I laughed when he said it because it was funny. Sad thing though; its the best description for such a s**t tip town.

• bill

Louton is new pakistan

• Don rajah

Guess what all you saddos and racist scum, lutons had the highest property price rise in uk ..guess we lutoners are having the last laugh.. my properties gone up buy £100k in the last year , and my other 2 properties aint done bad either… and you know what its gonna carry on rising… laughing all the way to the bank..

• Alex

I grew up in Luton 30 years ago and left at the first opportunity. It was a toilet then, and it’s a toilet now.

• Sara

you’re welcome to it, Jethro.

• Sara

I couldn’t agree more with this writer. Luton was my shopping town and going-out-town when I was growing up. It was a toilet then and it’s a toilet now.

• LutonisSHIT!

most places are run-down/chavvy estates.

• LutonisSHIT!

multicultural? haha…like most towns in the UK, eh?

agreed, sir.

i spent most of my life there.

too many low-class people/chavs.

not enough good entertainment.

sh*t facilities for a town of its size.

i’;m glad i moved from there….shows the GRAND example of a town that is really SH*T and a place NOT to live in!!!!

• Don ali

That guys talking out his backside, the property prices are rising like mad in luton.. Not bad for a sh??hole
    ..or maybe his a sh??head , that explains it all.. I Moved from camden in london to luton.. And its great.only an hours drive to London.. Got myself a 5 bedroom detached house for 500k not bad.. Cant get a 2bed flat for that in london..

Ali

• London Betch

Luton is not London. It’s Bedfordshire.

• Mansur Miah

I’m not even gonna bother to attempt to sound intelligent about this. This dude’s a pussy. He was too scared to walk through bury park which in my opinion is actually a pretty safe area and he was scared to look people in the eyes when he walked into pubs. He’s a snob who’s lived the majority of his life sheltered from poorer communities and has just jumped to the conclusion that these people are worthless, feral and out for his blood. Not once has he mentioned an occasion where he was a victim of a negative situation. Yet for some reason he was constantly fearful for his life. The only thing he was a victim of was his own ignorance and that feat is something that is not welcome in a community as diverse as the one in Luton.

• David Powell

Although Luton has a ‘bad’ reputation, I think its over-done. When I went to college there in the 60s – no serious problems. When I lived there in the 90s it was less safe, but I never personally witnessed any serious problems and I lived in a block of flats in a slightly seedy area. Where I live now, I was a few metres away from where a woman was shot dead in front of the store I was in [I was just about to come out of the store]; when I was in a good quality shopping mall, I witnessed an armed hold-up when several shots were fired within a few metres of where I was eating. Our house has been burgled twice. Yes, shootings and crime are not uncommon here, yet its not such a terrible place to live. The whole world is getting worse in my experience, so wherever you live, you just do your personal best. By the way, just to show my age and ignorance of modern expressions, I don’t know what a ‘chav’ is????

• Sara

you think a place where “shootings and crime are not uncommon” is “not such a terrible place to live”..?!

• rachel

What a load of tosh, take your negative view and stick it up your arse, it’s people like you who give Luton a bad name. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO.

• Ainsley Walker

“I was lucky, being that I lived in Leagrave; pretty posh for Luton.”
    What an excellent way to instantly show that you’ve not got a clue what you’re on about.

• John

This isn’t the Luton I know. Lived here for 10 years.

Maybe you’re just a c**t.

• Jethro Shaw

This is a poorly written, ill-informed, hyperbolic load of nonsense. All it serves to do is showcase the deep prejudice and anger of an author who’s too cowardly to even attach their name to the article.

The assertions of this diatribe essentially distill to:

– Your hatred of ‘chav’s’ (there’s no apostrophe in a plural you simpleton). You haven’t even explained what you mean by this – it seems to refer to anyone you deem lowly enough to venture into McDonald’s.

-Your unsubstantiated and frankly ridiculous assertion that going into a Luton pub is a life-threatening experience

-A vague dislike of Bury Park with slightly racist undertones

-One occasion where you witnessed a police raid

-Your dislike of local trains

You’ve ultimately failed to make any valid points. Learn to write, and learn to construct rational arguments. Luton is a lot better off without judgmental imbeciles like you.

• Michael Sanders

Never read an article where the writer has been so far up their own arse. If Luton is England’s toilet then you were a turd floating in it, glad you were flushed away when you were. Luton has improved ten fold in recent years with one of the most diverse populations of any English town. Basing these articles on past perceptions is outdated, I have personally lived in Luton for 20 years and I have never been threatened, mugged, or felt unsafe in my town. Luton has a thriving cultural corner with some of the best up coming artists in England. Maybe next time try to do some research into the town rather than following popular slander.

• Sara

in a Luton park (Wardown) I was beaten up by six schoolgirls when I was aged 11. Nobody came to my help. Luton has a general air of impending violence about it, and if you’ve never even felt unsafe there then I can only conclude that you never venture outside your own home.

• Adam Smith

“Diverse” – Leftist code for “White genocide”. It’s all very well having a ‘diverse’ population in an English town, except when that ‘diversity’ completely overtakes and leads to a dwindling population of indigenous white natives, either through cross breeding or ‘white flight’.

And then, there’s Islam.

• Rev TLR

This is nonsense….all for clicks #proudlutonian

• Alex 父 Peirce

Anonymous? Why not state who you are with such strong opinions?
    I’ve lived in Luton for over 20 years and yes it has it’s faults but much like most London boroughs that I’ve worked in, its got its gangs and typical criminal activities but much like many many other places in the UK.
    It’s far from the best but it’s also far from the worst.
    And for the record not everyone from Luton is a ‘chav’ there are many hard working honest individuals that try to stay proud of the town they live in but it’s idiots like you who give it a worse name then what it already has.

With the attitude you have shown in this article I think I speak on behalf of everyone who lives and who is from Luton in saying don’t come back because we don’t want you here as much as you disliked living here.

Alex P

• Alex 父 Peirce

Anonymous? Why not state who you are with such strong opinions?
    It’s far from the best but it’s also far from the worst.