Living in Bedworth, Warwickshire
Written by Anonymous Visitor and posted in United Kingdom, Warwickshire, West Midlands

How can I begin to describe Bedworth? , Oh deary me…

Well for a start I live not too far away from the much coverted ‘Jock Estate’ so I tend to have constant first hand experiences of the local population of dimwitted natives. For example, the other day I was outside washing my car when a gaggle of them walked past and promptly shouted ‘Yeah WASH that car!’ ..I mean what on earth is that supposed to mean?! They also ride their ridiculously small clown motorbikes around and think they look ‘phat’. And if they’re not on them they’re riding mopeds around like idiots..wow all the power of a hairdryer..my aren’t you hard?

Then you realise almost everybody in bedworth is related to eachother. It is some scary incestuous place of doom….Then you go to the town centre……

First thing you notice..it’s dead. Second thing you notice is the abundance of banks, discounted basics, card and charity shops. Virtually everywhere you see there are chav moms with their little ‘Courtney’ or ‘Alfie’ and gangs of the morons. Everyday there is a stabbing or a shooting if you’re lucky.

PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS PLACE!

• Natalie

Hi all. I’m house hunting, does anyone know if Wotton Street is in a nice area?

Thanks

• Mill

I grew up in Bedworth but left when I was 18 and never returned. I’d say that 95% of the people were racist, homophobic and very intolerant of anybody ‘different’. I recently was contacted by an old school acquaintance through Facebook who when I told her that I had lived in Brighton asked me ‘are you queer now then’. She was also a supporter of the N.F. After being away from Bedworth for over 20 years I have to say that I found her attitude very, very shocking and it reminded me why I left. It’s not a bad little town to look at, it has a nice park and a good Civic Hall and lots of history but the people just really let it down. There was absolutely nothing to do there and sounds like there still isn’t.

• Sparkle

I made the mistake of staying in ‘Bedduth’ for 3 months. It is the most depressing place but a fascinating insight into how… well I would say the ‘other half’ live but thankfully Bedworth is a minority all of its own which is how they like it, as they are all related to one another in some way. Everywhere you turn there are pylons hanging over the houses which I am pretty sure have affected the way people look (and not in a good way). The whole place is crammed full with drunks, dole dossers and dolly day dreams – little girls pushing prams waiting for Captain Chav (complete with baseball cap) to get them pregnant again. I agree the police are useless in Bedworth but then nobody sh*ts on their own do they… so don’t expect a result if you report a blatantly obvious crime. Talking of sh*t everywhere you go you a dodging dog mess on the pavements – or dodging dangerous dogs of which there are plenty…. guarding the interbred’s houses especially on Newcomen Road and all around the Jock estate. Have you heard of ‘Jock itch’ by the way? It was created on that estate.

• Proud Treacle Towner

We wish you were part of Coventry, worse thing happened in 1972 when we got you attached to us.

• dayne

Obviously don’t know your history then!? Nuneaton were struggling with debt Bedworth had money left over year after year then some arse said yeah let’s share now look Nuneaton is booming bedworth is burying itself in tescos

• john

you thick twat, if it wasnt for Beduth then treacle would have been fucked! You were attached to us as your dickhead council couldnt run the place and requirred Beduths help to save your arse! And look now, everything goes treacles way leaving Beduth the s******e it is today! 6 toed twat!!!!!!

• Lazy-Boy

05/08/2013

I live on the infamous jock estate and whoever wrote the first comment is obviously an outsider (not from Bedworth) there’s never stabbings or shootings in fact lately there has been no drama going on.
    Yes we do have lads riding round on bikes and hyped up scooters and they are “phat riders” but that’s only in the summer and when was the last time you heard anyone have a crash on a bike round here.. were all f**king pro riders haha, and we do have a tight community because we don’t want any outsiders here that don’t fit in mainly thieves and weirdo peado rapists! if anything goes on round here its best we are close to solve our own crimes as the police are useless! pizza deliveries are faster then the police and they drive Nissan micras!!!

Were not part of Nuneaton as much as you or our council think, we would rather be a part of Coventry.

• leepip

I used to know a chap at the council who said during the late seventies it was introduced that moving troublesome people living in nuneaton and putting them slap bang next door to good honest hard working beduth people would re-abilitate them,it was dreamt up by some bright spark at nuneaton council obviously but it doesn’t work all it does is turn a well known mostly trouble free housing estate into a hellhole like where these people came from,that is why people in beduth don’t seem so friendly any more it’s because they are not from beduth.
    I grew up in the furnace fields estate and during the seventies / eighties it was the best around until the slippery slide to a hellpit all because of the above and nuneaton council closing down beduth urban district council to get their hands on beduths money then the decine bagan,and thats where all of our money is going Into Nuneaton not here something needs to be done to bring this to the attention to the government and turn beduth around.

• gayle

I live in Bedworth and its not that bad… apart from all the dogsh*te in the park

• Kimbo

Jeg elsker dejlige Danmark 🙂

• tom tom

im from bedworth and proud go and f**k ur selfs ho ho ho im smocking a spliff thinking bedworth is a beautiful place to live
    come on the pylons

• bob

p*ss of to treacle town were u belong smilegirl is right
    arse

• bob

who the hell do you think you are Bedworth is a lovely town p*ss of to Nuneaton now these something to complain about every body these inbred

• Gas them all

Tight knit community, that is the bloody problem they will not mix with anyone that looks different. Thank god I will be moving next week., I refuse too speak with local people due to there horid English. Example local shop. “Good morning” ” allright” “yes I am fine thank you how are you” ” blank look” dats pand” ” pardon I do not understand you” “blank look” you look on till and hand them the money. “There you go” blank look” thank you good bye” blank look. Very inpolite filth. Why do they not say good morning, please or thank you. I will not speak with people who do not use there maners. The only people who speak correctly in Bedworth are from Poland.

• What a dump

I have lived in several coutries and have been to most of Europe. I have been to slums in Romania. Places that you can not even walk along safely. But Bedworth is the worse place I have ever been to everyone looks the same, they can not talk properly, very unfriendly to outsiders. The children run out in front of cars, loads of people driving around in mgs thinking that there car is great. I admit I have met one or two locals who were friendly. But the rest of the people are the most small minded people that I have ever met.

The town is full of charity shops, I realise that most of the locals have never been overseas let alone seen the sea, each time a local runs in front of my car or when I see a pregnant women I am so tempted not to use my breaks.

• redhairedchick

quite frankly call it a chav town all you wish, I have lived in bedworth on a rather lovely estate all of my life, my parents worked hard for everything they have and many of my friends, although a few single mums work every single day to provide for their children!! Ive lived abroad, travelled and seen much of the world but there is nowhere that i would rather come back to! The old folks feel safe, and the younguns respect that, my grandad claims he has never lived anywhere with such a tight knit community! as for respect, howmany towns do you know have a memorial parade, and not only a parade near enough every single person will attend and respect the minutes silence!! There is crime, theiveing and scumbags in every place in the world, but we are not the worst! there are beautiful areas in this town and i have never felt intimidated, the pubs are a good crack and the only thing i can critisise is some of the vile men who think its acceptable to shag all over the place and accept no damage fault of their own! rant over! we all have to come from somewhere!

• Whatadump

• jeg elske vakker norge gente

Bedworth has the highest teenage pregnacy rate in the whole of the UK, and the reason why is because dolls are too exspencive and her brother wasted is normal for bed rock folk, It is a common sight on a bed rock bus to see a girl with pushchair get on and ask for a child fare!, also the girls do not know how to use road crossings, opting instead for pushing there new born out into moving traffic and maybe the cars will stop approach.

• Dave the rave

so for a giggle at work I googled ‘bedworth chavs’ …. before i clicked on images (which is what I was after) I came across this.

I lived in and around bedworth and nuneaton between the ages of 2 and 18.

The BEST thing I ever did was move the f**k away. when going to Uni I drew a line north to south through the so called ‘tri-state area’ (cov, treacle and bedrock…… north? to f**king cold…. so south it was.

yes we have chavs here but NOTHING like the in-bred population of the bedworth.

People in bedworth, ALL know and sleep with each other – the gene pool is ALMOST dry.

I have family in bedworth and unfortunately not only are they thieving scumbags (stealing from their own family) who don’t even turn up to their own relative’s funerals but they are complete MORONS or ‘no-hopers’ as I call them.

I hate going back there, its a dump and it saddens me that it never changes…… oh no wait, they do have a wetherspoons where the old toy shop used to be….its not really a pub more of a benefit-cheats SORROW hole.

rant over

• smilergirl

what the hell is this?? a mutiny?? i have lived all over england during my childhood, including some of the darkest areas of durham n i can tell u now, thats where the biggest chavs are…the most unruly kids, the higher crime rate etc etc….every single town in the country has its fair share of chavs, inbreds n ugly twats, but beduff is not that bad. i live on the so called ‘jock’ n i can say with all honesty that the people here are genuine and most of the idiots have now been moved on. yes this is a huge council estate, but if u actually opened ur eyes n not ur mouth for a second u would see that alot of these properties are now privately owned. yes alot of ppl are related in beuff, but mainly because there are some huge families here, and not through incest either!!
    NUNEATON or what we bedworthains call ‘treacle town’ is actually far worse in all aspects and they spill over into our town. the idiot mp’s n council spend the big money on nuneaton and have done for so many years, its not suprising that beduff looks a sh*thole to outsiders. if u really hate it, then move along..it really is not a bad place to live… ive seen much worse!